About Stronger Together
Stronger Together is a national movement to develop a vision and plan to address sexual violence against persons with a disability. Stronger Together is a collaboration between persons with disabilities, who are also survivors of sexual violence, and partner organizations from around the country.
Stronger Together represents the vision of inclusive, collaborative, inter-organizational action to address sexual violence against persons with a disability, on a national scale.
Stronger Together was created in 2019 through support from Massachusetts-based Building Partnerships for the Protection of Persons with Disabilities Initiative (BPI).
Leading partners include:
- Building Partnerships Initiative (BPI) https://mabuildingpartnershipsinitiative.com,
- Massachusetts Disabled Persons Protection Commission https://www.mass.gov/orgs/disabled-persons-protection-commission,
- California-based Board Resource Center (BRC) https://brcenter.org, and
- National Peer Support Network
Stronger Together Mission
Stronger Together’s mission is to address sexual violence against persons with disabilities on a national scale through active collaboration between persons with disabilities who are also survivors of sexual violence, Federal and State agencies and other partner organizations.
Stronger Together Values
Stronger Together is built on a set of core values. These values are essential to who we are, and guide our priorities, decisions and actions.
- Inclusivity – we are people of different abilities, identities, backgrounds and ideas
- Respect – every person deserves respect
- Freedom from Sexual Violence – every person has the right to live free from sexual violence
- Collaboration – we achieve more when we work together